This retreat is set in a beautiful setting and will provide you with the opportunity to work on your individual issues whilst being in a friendly group; Carla will be available throughout the day for questions and advice.
You may learn:
Why do yoga?
- How yoga can enhance good health
- Breathing techniques to support a healthy mind reducing stress and anxiety
- Relaxation techniques to aid a healthy night sleep
- Specific poses and routines to bring vitality to the body
- Posture alignment and correction
- How to soothe your mind spa as you emerse yourself in the Crystal sound healing bath
- How to help ease aches and pains, enhance sleep, reduce stress and increase vitality
The short answer is that yoga makes you feel better. Practicing the postures, breathing exercises and meditation makes you healthier in body, mind and spirit. Yoga lets you tune in, chill out, shape up -- all at the same time.
Specifically, research shows that yoga helps manage or control anxiety, arthritis, asthma, back pain, blood pressure, carpal tunnel syndrome, chronic fatigue, depression, diabetes, epilepsy, headaches, heart disease, multiple sclerosis, stress and other conditions and diseases. What's more, yoga:
- Improves muscle tone, flexibility, strength and stamina
- Reduces stress and tension
- Boosts self esteem
- Improves concentration and creativity
- Lowers fat
- Improves circulation
- Stimulates the immune system
- Creates sense of wellbeing and calm.
And that's just the surface stuff. In fact, most of the benefits mentioned above are secondary to yoga's original purpose.
Developed in India, yoga is a spiritual practice that has been evolving for the last 5,000 years or so. Yoga means "union" in Sanskrit, the classical language of India.