A trip to Champneys wouldn’t be complete without a soak in our renowned Thalassotherapy pool.
It’s a unique experience – to be enjoyed as a group, in a pair or on your own – and one that will leave you feeling relaxed and invigorated. It’s the perfect accompaniment to our collection of treatments and classes.
Some point to the seaside towns of France as its place of origin; while the Romans and Ancient Greeks also acknowledged the curative influences of seawater. What we do know is that for centuries, throughout Europe, thalassotherapy has been the treatment of choice for muscle and joint complaints.
Used as an alternative treatment for a number of medical conditions, it’s also an extremely beneficial tool for stress reduction and relaxation. With its warm saltwater rich in minerals like magnesium, zinc, potassium and iron, it’s ideal for re-mineralising the body and aiding the detoxification process.
It also increases metabolism, improves circulation, is great for your skin and helps treat cellulite, arthritis and general muscular problems. The pool’s hydrotherapy jets are designed to stimulate and tone tired aches and pains.
For optimum benefits the body is immersed in special pools containing warm salt water, at temperatures of 37-38 degrees, for about 20 minutes.
Thalassotherapy can improve;
• Respiratory system: colds, asthma, allergies, bronchitis and sinusitis
• Circulatory system: high blood pressure and cellulite.
• Digestive system: ulcerative colitis and general digestion
• Nervous system: insomnia and chronic stress
• Articulatory system: bones, joint and back pain
• Skin: nourishing psoriasis, eczema, neurodermatitis
• Weight loss; detoxifies body and boosts fat-brining
• Revitalisation: energy renewal, combats feelings of burn-out
Henlow and Forest Mere both have their own Thalassotherapy pools, in fact, we were among the first in the UK to embrace its wellbeing principles. Soak up the splendour at Champneys; rest easy and invigorate your senses.
Price £20, duration 25 minutes.
To book, email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that bookings are not available online due to limited availability.