What It's All About
If you are a total non-swimmer who finds it difficult to glide/swim a length of the pool and/or uncomfortable putting your face in the water this workshop is for you.
By the end of the course you will have worked on:
▪ Discovering how to use your body's natural buoyancy
▪ Perfecting a smooth glide with your face in the water
▪ Good body rotation on your front and back
▪ Mastering the transition between air and water
▪ An effective front crawl and backstroke leg action
▪ A co-ordinated front crawl and backstroke leg action
The course aims to provide you with the foundations for mastering a graceful and sustained style of swimming using Shaw Method fundamentals.
After arriving at 9.30am, you’ll be welcomed with refreshments and an introduction. There will be two group pool sessions, two group dry land practice sessions, and video feedback. You’ll also enjoy a nutritious hot and cold buffet lunch.
If you find the retreat you were looking for is sold out or your preferred room type is not available, please email CER@champneys.com and include the title and date of the retreat you would like to book. Alternatively please call us on 0843 5611 943. We often have reserved spaces available which do not appear on the website.
There is a minimum number of people required for the break to run. Breaks will be cancelled if numbers are insufficient 2 weeks before the start of the break.