What’s it all about?
This workshop is for you if you can swim and/or glide with your face in the water, and would like to be able to swim a smooth, fluid and sustainable front crawl.
You may be:
• A swimmer with no experience of front crawl
• A swimmer with some grasp of the stroke
• A front crawler who wants to transform the efficiency of your stroke
• A triathlete wishing to reduce your effort on the swimming leg
• A swimmer with back or joint pain that does not respond well to your existing stroke
Whatever your level, this workshop is for you.
We’ll take you through all the practices for front crawl, beginning with the Shaw Method glide, which will teach you the leg action, the arm action, and finally the breathing.
During your workshop, you’ll discover how to:
• Harness the natural buoyancy of your body
• Drastically reduce the amount of effort needed to swim
• Use the rotation of your body to maximise streamlining
• Recognise the importance of preparing for movement
After arriving at 9.30am, you’ll be welcomed with refreshments and an introduction. There will be two group pool sessions, two group dry land practice sessions, and video feedback. You’ll also enjoy a nutritious hot and cold buffet lunch.
Did you know?
The Shaw method of swimming has been developed by Steven Shaw over the last 25 years, using his experience of the Alexander Technique. You can find out more in this short film.
If you ever wanted to develop an effective front crawl, which not only enables you to move through the water with power and grace then sign up for our learn to crawl workshops at Champneys in the ideal learning environment.
Have you ever wondered why many can swim front crawl for as long as they choose but feel worn out and out of breath within a couple of minutes of crawl. According to Steven Shaw founder of the Shaw Method almost anyone can learn to crawl with the right building blocks.
9.30am to 5.30pm
If you find the retreat you were looking for is sold out or your preferred room type is not available, please email CER@champneys.com and include the title and date of the retreat you would like to book. Alternatively please call us on 0843 5611 943. We often have reserved spaces available which do not appear on the website.
There is a minimum number of people required for the break to run. Breaks will be cancelled if numbers are insufficient 2 weeks before the start of the break.