Thank you for booking with us at Champneys. As the UK’s Original Health Spa, we have helped generations rest and recharge since 1925 and look forward to welcoming you into our haven of calm.
We have four resorts spanning the breadth of England; Tring, Henlow, Forest Mere and Springs, each with their own quirks and expertise. Six high street City Spas and our first ever spa at sea, onboard the Marella Explorer. Recent additions include two spa hotels, a former royal residence, Eastwell Manor in Kent and the newly acquired, Mottram Hall in Cheshire.
Wherever you have chosen to stay, for us there is no greater pleasure than watching you float around the resort, shoulders down, robed and relaxed.
If during your visit you see Stephen, my son and co-owner, or myself around the Resorts (and we are often there), do please speak to us – we want to meet you.
Dorothy Purdew OBE
First things first, we kindly ask you to double check that the details in your confirmation letter are correct. You would be surprised to learn how often people accidentally go to the wrong location, on the wrong date and as hard as we might try we can’t always accommodate them. If you made your booking via a third party and not directly with Champneys, please read the full terms and conditions as unfortunately we do not have the power to alter them.
SPA DAY & STAY
Spa day arrival is 9am and departure is 6pm.
Spa stay arrival is 2pm and departure 4pm (11am from room).
Return Voucher spa day arrival is 8.30am and departure is 6pm.
Return Voucher spa stay arrival is 1pm and departure 11am.
If not booked by Champneys, please refer to your third party for arrival and departure times.
A healthy welcome drink on arrival.
A personalised programme of treatments and services if you have pre-booked.
A copy of our quarterly Inspire Magazine and Monthly Pocket Guide.
A tour of the building if you need one. New guests will find this particularly helpful.
A complimentary Champneys cotton tote bag to keep.
The hire of a snuggly Champneys robe. We take a £25 deposit which is refunded when the robe is returned at check out.
A complimentary pair of Champneys flip flops, for you to keep. We do ask that you wear them, especially around pools where there is greater potential for slips.
Champneys resorts are cashless and we will require credit card details for authorisation. However you may settle your final bill whichever way you choose.
Enjoy complimentary access to thousands of newspapers and magazines from around the world. Connect to our WiFi, download the PressReader app and start reading.
Spa evening arrival is from 5pm and we'll welcome you with a healthy drink.
5.30pm choose a fitness class to try (optional).
6.30pm - 8.30pm Free time to have treatments, use the pool facilities or relax.
8.30pm 3 course waiter service dinner is served.
9.45pm Coffee is served in the drawing room.
10pm Depart. Complete the quick check out form and hand it in with your robe and locker key at reception.
Enjoy complimentary access to thousands of newspapers and magazines from around the world. Connect to our WiFi, download the PressReader app and start reading.
Most rooms will be ready by 1.30-3.00pm depending on your package (please check confirmation).
If you have booked an Early Arrival or a Return Voucher we will do our best to get your rooms ready first.
All rooms need to be vacated by 11am - this applied to Return bookers too.
For guests staying on until later in the day there are lots of lockers for you to use.
Reception will store your luggage if you want them to on day of departure.
We offer four different room types, each vary but you will be given all the options at the time of booking. If you prefer to stay in a particular room, you are welcome to request this. However, we must emphasise that as much as we would like to, we cannot always guarantee this. Similarly, if you are returning on a Return Voucher do ask if an upgrade is available on arrival, we will happily offer it to you if there is.
• Twin beds only
• Usually on the second and third floors
• Maybe a longer walk to the facilities of the Resorts
• They are great value if you do not intend to spend much time in your room
• They are comfortable with en-suite facilities, complimentary tea, coffee and water
• Hairdryer, small safe, telephone
• Champneys branded miniature toiletries
SUPERIOR TWIN OR DOUBLE *
• All the above but maybe in better locations
• Usually with a nice view and sometimes with a patio or small balcony
• Two bottles of Eco water, 1 still & 1 sparkling on arrival
• Nespresso coffee machine and pods
LUXE - TWIN OR DOUBLE *
• All the above
• Plus fresh fruit bowl on arrival
• Larger rooms
• Sometimes in the Mansion House with varied décor and furnishings
• Good locations and some with bath and separate shower
• Porter service for luggage
• Dedicated parking area
SUITES - TWIN OR DOUBLE *
• All the above
• Plus a premier style robe
• As you would expect the suites are much larger and have separate comfortable sittings areas
• Larger televisions
• Dining table and chairs
• Tring and Forest Mere also have several deluxe suites, our largest and grandest suites, the perfect treat for a special occasion
• All beds at Champneys are twin beds, beds may vary at Eastwell and Mottram depending on your chosen room type.
• If you require a double bed we can link these together and apply a topper (Superior and above only). Advance notice is required.
• Most of our mattresses are brand new Hypnos mattresses, the same brand as used by The Queen.
• There will be a card in your room with details if you would like to buy one.
• All resorts have new pillows, if you do need allergenic pillows or bedding please do let us know.
Day guest welcome light breakfast:
9am -10am: Tea, coffee, fruit juices, fruit and bagel - or similar
• Breakfast for overnight guests 7.30am - 10am
Cold buffet and a la carte (supplementary charges apply)
• Lunch for day and overnight guests 12pm - 2pm
3 Courses - Soup - Hot and Cold Buffets - Desserts
• Dinner for overnight guests 6.30pm - 9pm
3 Course - Menu Waiter service (some supplementary charges)
Wonderful selection of hot drinks, smoothies and healthy snacks served throughout the day.
Complimentary tea and coffee is served after dinner. Your receptionist will inform you of location at check in or ask a member of the restaurant team.
We cater for all main dietary requirements via our standard menus.
If you require something special such as Kosher there is a supplementary charge for this and it must be pre booked.
It is important that if you need advice and guidance regarding food allergies that you speak to the Maître D who will happily assist you.
All of our waiters receive food allergy training but our Maître Ds are more experienced and should always be consulted first.
If you are travelling alone and would like some company, particularly for the evening meal then I encourage you to join our Champneys table at 7pm. Not only will you meet some new people, you can also enjoy a complimentary glass of Prosecco (or fruit juice) and a few nibbles.
Please note: Room service is not available in the Shepherds Huts at Forest Mere.
Our Premier Service is added on free of charge for all Luxe Room, Suite or Deluxe Suite bookings.
As a Premier Guest you'll receive:
• Premier parking
• Speedy early check-in
• A handpicked Champneys gift bundle along with fresh fruits and juices on arrival
• Personal tour of the facilities
• A snuggly luxe Champneys robe
• Priority dinner booking as well as a amuse bouche and a glass of Champagne with dinner
• Personalised treatment booking call pre-arrival
• Departure gift from the Champneys range
• Post stay follow up call
Our Resorts are dedicated to health and fitness. Swimming pools, saunas, steam rooms, ice rooms, exercise classes and most treatment therapies do not go well with alcohol. Therefore, we limit the offering to wine with dinner only. We do not serve alcohol during the day unless a day guest has something to celebrate. On these special occasions one glass of Champagne or Prosecco can be overlooked for toasting.
If you are joining us on a two night or more break for your 25th, 30th, 40th, 50th or 60th wedding anniversary we will donate a bottle of Champagne to your table to help you celebrate. Please bring along your marriage certificate.
For birthdays, our chef will tastefully decorate your dessert plate and we will treat the birthday person and a guest to a glass of complimentary evening Prosecco.
Please note to give us a minimum of 24 hours notice before your arrival to prepare.
To qualify for this offer, it must be a direct Champneys booking.
• Champneys Resorts have a casual relaxed atmosphere.
• Flip flops are provided to all guests and are yours to keep, they are anti slip tested and certified and given the higher risks that come with wet pool sides and spa areas we strongly recommend wearing them at all times other than when other footwear is more suitable e.g. in the gym, classes, walks.
• In the daytime it is perfectly normal to wear your robe or fitness clothing around the resort, including at breakfast and lunch.
• The dress code for the evening dinner service is smart casual. No sportswear or vests to be worn at dinner please. Likewise jackets and ties are not necessary.
• For treatments it is normal to wear just your underwear. Your modesty is protected at all times.
• You will also need a swimsuit.
• Something comfortable for the gym and exercise classes, including trainers.
• Walking shoes for the country hikes and walks.
• Practical footwear is essential at all times in the Resorts, including in the restaurant and café in case of spillages and breakages.
All treatments should be booked in advance in order to avoid disappointment as availability is limited on the day.
If treatments are included in your package, a member of the treatments team will allocate you the best available time.
Please note that times quoted include getting to and from the treatment room, undressing and the consultation.
For the best value choose our Gold, Silver or Bronze treatment collections. They include a discount and treatments are scheduled back-to-back giving you extra treatment time.
We are pleased to employ both male and female therapists. If you have a preference, please notify us on your Guest Request Form or when booking the treatment.
With access to over 20 group classes, fitness, wellbeing and nutrition services, facilities including gyms, indoor swimming pool (Forest Mere also has an outdoor swimming pool) and a selection of outdoor activities, there really is something for everyone.
We have the widest range of wellbeing & fitness classes offered at any Health Spa in the UK.
Carried out by our highly skilled professionals along with some of the best expert presenters in the industry, we cater for everyone from absolute beginners to the fitness fanatic.
Some classes require a £6 fee such as selected Master Classes, Yoga and Meditation and must be pre-booked.
All classes must be booked in advance besides Aqua.
• Opening hours 6.30am - 9.00pm.
• At Champneys we are confident that our comprehensive range of gym equipment and our experienced, knowledgeable staff will help you achieve your health, fitness and wellbeing goals.
• We understand that when it comes to health and fitness, everyone’s goals are different and with that in mind, we have designed our gym to be a welcoming environment for all. Please note our gyms will be unsupervised at various times in the day.
• If you are pregnant, have injuries and or medical problems or have not used the gym equipment before please contact the wellbeing team prior to use.
• Whenever you need encouragement or advice they will always be happy to help and support you.
• For health and safety reasons please ensure that you are wearing suitable exercise clothing and trainers when using the gym.
• Use of the gym equipment is at your own risk.
• Focusing on your health and fitness goals, our collection of services have been designed to incorporate wellbeing into your everyday routines.
• Whether you’re new to exercise or a seasoned gym bunny, looking to improve health or shake up your outlook - our personal training sessions, health appraisals and consultations will leave you feeling more energised and inspired to make positive lifestyle change.
• Benefit too from the expertise and extensive range of services offered by our nutritionists such as DNA diet testing, weight management consultations, digestive health testing, vitamin and mineral checks and food sensitivity screening methods. You can also take advantage of our dietary support at home.
SWIMMING POOLS (Indoor)
• Opening hours 6.30am - 9.30pm.
• None of our pools have lifeguards. They are instead overseen by cameras on the Fitness Desk.
• The pools are regulated between 27-30 degrees.
• The whirlpools attached to the pools are not Hot Tubs or Jacuzzis and are regulated between 29-33 degrees with fresh flowing water.
• There is an outdoor pool at Forest Mere, which is open May to October. It is heated but the weather determines how much heat is retained.
• The outdoor pools opening hours are usually 9am-7pm. There is no lifeguard so please don’t use alone.
• There are indoor and outdoor hot tubs at both Forest Mere and Tring – we aim for a temperature of 36 degrees. However, this can vary depending on the weather.
SAUNAS - STEAM ROOMS
• All resorts have a separate sauna for men and woman, located in the main changing rooms near the pools.
• Henlow, Springs and Forest Mere have a separate steam room for men and women. Tring has a mixed steam room.
• Laconiums for woman only available at Tring and Henlow.
• There is a small infrared cabinet at Henlow.
• Forest Mere and Henlow have Thalassotherapy pools
• Tring and Springs have a large Hydropool.
• All resorts have whirlpools.
• Forest Mere has a poolside thermal suite for mixed sexes which contains a steam room, Hydropool, Laconium, ice cabinet, forest shower and hot tub. These are all quite small and should be used as short bursts of in and out use.
• At Forest Mere and Tring there are a number of heated waterbeds.
• At all Resorts there are a limited number of poolside loungers. Please do not reserve beds at any time.
• Please put your used towel in one of the poolside baskets and take all your belongings with you when you leave the area.
• We would like everyone to have the opportunity to enjoy our loungers and day beds.
• Free to use.
• Requires booking.
• Opening hours depends on the time of the year and the weather.
• There is a deposit of £25 for use of the rackets and balls if you haven’t brought your own.
• Lost balls are charged at £1 each. We’ll turn a blind eye to the first one.
• Available at Forest Mere and Henlow and can be enjoyed by up to 15 people at a time.
• This is charged at £10pp if pre-booked or £20pp if booked in resort.
• A warm water treatment with many associate health benefits.
• High in salt and minerals, the water is great for circulation and detoxing.
• Not suitable for a series of health conditions, we will advise at check in. Sadly it is also not suitable for pregnant women.
• It is important to shower after a Thalassotherapy session to avoid skin irritation.
• Please refrain from entering the main pool for at least an hour after the Thalassotherapy treatment.
WHAT WE EXPECT FROM YOU
Your health and well-being is our paramount concern. We feel that you are the best person to be in control of your health.
We ask that you seek professional medical advice about any conditions or concerns you have and act on this advice, even if it means not undertaking exercise, a treatment or class which you would like to do.
We ask that you let us know if you feel unwell for any reason whilst on our premises so we can help.
We request that you read and take on board any instructions information or notifications about use of equipment or the contraindications for specific treatments.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT FROM US
You are free to use any of our facilities or have any of our treatments that you know you are comfortable with.
We will maintain our equipment and facilities in line with industry standards.
Qualified and competent staff are able to help you achieve your goals and advise you on how to exercise safely. Our therapists will be qualified in line with industry standards and recognised professional bodies.
• Talking into mobile phones is not permitted in public areas in our resorts.
• If you wish to have your phone on you, please place them on silent
• Please be mindful not to include any guests who are not in your party in photographs and respect the privacy of others.
• There are free wifi hot spots available, the receptionists will help you locate these if you have difficulty in your room.
• Landlines and wifi are not available in the Shepherds Huts at Forest Mere, but the phone signal is reliable including 4g coverage.
• Please do remember that all of our resorts are located in acres of countryside and you may not get the best of phone signals.
• Enjoy complimentary access to thousands of newspapers and magazines from around the world. Connect to our WiFi, download the PressReader app and start reading.
The grounds of each resort houses a deliberately secluded, outdoor seating area specifically designed for smokers and vapers.
Smoking and vaping must not take place within 6 metres of the building.
The receptionist will tell you where these areas are situated.
Smoking is prohibited in rooms, including on the room patio, out of the window or near doorways.
There is a £250 cleaning fee for rooms that have been exposed to smoke or vaping.
• There is an abundance of free parking available at all resorts.
• We have dedicated electric stations at all resorts, which are free to use but there is a time limit of four hours.
• If you wish to use an electric station please register your car at reception.
• The electric stations are not available for general parking - by doing so your car may be clamped and result in a removal fee of £50.
• Do not park on the grass or grass verges - by doing so your car may be clamped and result in a removal fee of £50.
We offer a very special Return Voucher to returning guests. As well as a discounted price, it includes other benefits such as:
• 10% off full price Champneys products and purchases in the café.
• Early check-in, free of charge. Does not include lunch. Lunch will be served until 2pm at an additional cost.
• Special treatment and fitness offers.
Return vouchers can be purchased in resort and are valid for six months. After which, they revert to their original monetary value for a further six months.
• If you wish to stay late on your day of departure and join us for dinner, you're welcome. Please book at reception before 1pm.
• The charge for this is £30pp including a three course a la carte dinner and a glass of complimentary wine.
• Reservations will be at 6.30pm with departure following dinner.
• Subject to availability.
• To save you standing in a queue we have quick check out forms available.
• Simply hand your robe (writing your robe number at the top of the form), locker key and room key into any reception and go.
• We will email your account to you within 24 hours.
• If you find an inaccuracy on it, please email the address listed on the account and we will correct it for you.
• If you have a concern, please speak to the department Manager during your visit, they will do everything they can to put things right.
• Unfortunately our reception staff are unable to process complaints and will always refer you back to the department concerned.
• We add a £5 per person service charge per stay guest and a £2 service charge per day guest. Guests are only charged once, regardless of the duration of their stay.
• This money is divided equally between the kitchen staff, gardeners, porters, therapists and everyone else who works in resort (with the exception of Head Office staff) according to the hours they work. All the money is paid to the staff, once a year in January. It is a fair system and nothing is taken for administration of the scheme.
• If you wish to increase the amount, or give something extra to a particular person who has pleased you, please tell one of our receptionists who will record it correctly and ensure the person receives it directly.
• We add a charity donation of £2 to all accounts.
• The money goes into Champneys Charitable Foundation (registration no……1114429), which supports small charities and individuals.
• Throughout the year the owners and staff run various events to raise money for a chosen cause. You can obtain a full list of all monies raised and spent from Bev.firstname.lastname@example.org.
• It is the money raised from our guests that makes the most difference.
• Nothing is deducted for administration.
• Please let us know if you would like to be involved or know of a deserving cause.
Last updated - 18th September 2019