Due to a change in Government guidelines all Champneys Resorts, Hotels and City Spas will be closing at 6pm, Wednesday 4th November.
If you are due to visit us from Wednesday onwards, a member of the team will be in touch about your booking.
Stay safe and we will see you soon.
As the UK’s Original Health Spa, our guests’ wellbeing is of the utmost importance to us. Since the Covid-19 pandemic we have implemented a number of strict new hygiene and social distancing measures to ensure the safety of our guest and staff at all times.
- Masks and face coverings are mandatory in public areas for all guests
- Our restaurants will close their doors and stop serving at 10pm every night
- We ask all visitors to follow social distancing measures at all times
All staff have been provided with the correct and safest levels of PPE for their departments. PPE will be worn by our team members at all times.
In line with new Government guidelines we have increased the hand sanitation stations located in all areas of our resorts, hotels and City Spas. We ask that during your visit with us you also wash your hands thoroughly with soap and water at regular intervals.
In addition we have increased availability of disinfectant cleaning products in our Resorts, Hotels and City Spas, we politely ask that you help us and your fellow guests by using these products to wipe down all equipment after you have used it.
Check-In and Check-out
We have made changes to our reception areas and check-in and check-out process to reduce contact where possible. Perspex screens have been erected in key areas.
To ensure our guests and staff are able to keep a safe distance from each other, we have lowered the levels of occupancy for day and stay guests while social distancing remains a top priority. This also extends to fitness classes and group sessions which will now be significantly smaller in size to accommodate the two-metre rule at all times.
Our treatment offering will be temporarily reduced to adhere to government guidelines. New practices regarding the hygiene and layout of treatment rooms has been rolled out and our therapists have been equipped with the correct and safest level of PPE.
Spa & Fitness Facilities
We are pleased to announce that we have now been given permission to reopen our sauna and steam rooms. Please note gym and pool slots will need to be booked when you arrive at resort.
Our housekeeping staff have received enhanced training to ensure our cleaning and sanitation processes are safe and second to none in all areas of our resorts, hotels and City Spas. They continue to be extra vigilant on all areas as well as those that are commonly touched, i.e. entrance and exit doors, door handles, toilet flushes, handrails etc. Once thoroughly cleaned our guest bedrooms are given a Champneys Clean Seal, this plastic sticker seals the door once cleaning is complete so that our guests will know that their room is clean and safe to enter.
To minimise cross contact, towels will no longer be available to pick up in communal areas such as spa, changing rooms and poolside. Instead, towels will be allocated to each individual at check in or via their bedrooms.
All food and beverage offerings are being operated in compliance with Government guidelines. We have also increased our outdoor dining options where possible.
We are continuing to communicate with our employees on the Government guidelines. They are reminded constantly to:
• Wear appropriate levels of PPE as provided. • Wash hands upon arrival to work and use an antibacterial hand sanitiser gel
• Wash/sanitise hands regularly throughout the day especially after potential contact points.
• Regularly sanitise work stations/tools e.g. trolleys, desk spaces.
• Sneeze or cough into a tissue.
• Bin tissues immediately after use. Wash hands afterwards.
• Follow government advice if you have relevant symptoms.
• Wash uniform at over 60 degrees
All staff have been trained on Preparing to Reopen in the context of Covid 19, Protection and Wellbeing, Cleaning and Hygiene, Social Distancing, PPE Use and Health and Safety Level 1 or 2 in conjunction with Flow Hospitality Training.
Senior resort management have completed training on Principles of Infection Control and Safe Working in conjunction with HIT Training.
Risk Assessments have been completed for all areas of the business operation prior to sites re-opening, they are reviewed regularly in line with Government Guidance updates.
Operating Procedures and Processes amended in line with risk assessments and government guidance including regular, detailed checks by senior management.
In summary we would ask:
• Please do not come to the resort if you are feeling unwell
• Keep your hands clean, wash them regularly and thoroughly, for at least 20 seconds with soap and water or use the snatiation stations around the resort regularly.
• Always carry tissues with you and use them to catch all coughs and sneezes and then bin the tissue – then wash your hands with soap and water, or use a sanitiser.
• Please use the cleaning sprays provided to wipe down machines and equipment after use.
We ask anyone who is concerned that they may be developing Covid-19 symptoms to follow the Government advice, and self-isolate in the first instance.
If you have a new continuous cough, high temperature or any other symptoms associated with Coronavirus or have been advised to self-quarantine please contact our reservations team by email email@example.com
The latest Government advice is available here: www.gov.uk/government/topical-events/coronavirus-covid-19-uk-government-response
We will be reviewing this policy regularly in line with advice from the Institute of Hospitality and Public Health England.